Tobyhanna Army Depot is the largest, full-service electronics maintenance facility in the Department of Defense (DoD). The depot’s mission is total sustainment, including design, manufacture, repair and overhaul of hundreds of electronic systems.
The depot has served our nation for over 54 years, having opened on Feb. 1, 1953, following two years of construction. However, the Army has maintained a nearly continuous presence in Tobyhanna since 1912, when the site was first used as a field artillery training camp. Other uses include as a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp, artillery training of West Point cadets and as a World War II prisoner-of-war camp and storage point for gliders used in the D-Day landings at Normandy in 1944.